Tips, Ideas and Advice
Check International Roaming (IR) rates from operator before travel and decide on how much would it cost for making & receiving calls.
- Mostly many restaurants, coffee shops offer free Wi-Fi hotspots . If you have a Wi-Fi enabled phone, you can use VoIP for calling people at very nominal cost. Wi-Fi hotspots are often available on airport also.
- Beware before calling toll free numbers, toll free numbers in international scenario are not toll free, they are charged as local calls.
- Some service providers give “Roaming Caller Tunes” a message that says “the phone you called is roaming internationally”, this will reduce unwanted calls.
- Check handset compatibility, to roam in Japan or South Korea, a 3G device that operates at 2100 MHz is required. Carry a quad band handset for USA travel.
- Receiving call is charged less than 50% than making a call to India, let people call you.
- Smart phone applications automatically access data unknowingly, applications such as twitter, facebook, maps, push mail etc. Ensure you turn off all those automatic updates.
- Avoid in-flight connectivity, as its charges as high as Rs. 300 a minute for receiving calls.
- Carry a universal charger / electrical plug adapter to visiting country standard.
- Cancel call forwarding, as it will be two way charges, charged on IR rates.
- Go to mobile version of websites – don’t surf normal websites. Sites which are optimized for Mobile handheld.
- Ensure your text message not crossing 160 characters – or it will send 2 SMS.
- After returning to India, collect your IR security deposit back.
Take Reliance World SIM to save up-to 75% compared to International Roaming.
Get the home / office delivery!
Reliance World SIM saves up-to 95% on International Roaming!